Saturday, February 15, 2014

A'bit A'bout the Blogger Q+A Tag!

In the past I have seen some fun blogging "tags" going around, such as the "Old School Blogging: Holiday" Q+A I did this past December.


I think blogging Q+A's are SO FUN. While I love to read serious things as well, I can really appriciate a post that is nothing more than the author answering silly, random, or personal questions. It makes me feel more connected to the blogger (if that makes sense!)

So today, I composed a few questions about me, and titled it "A'bit A'bout the Blogger" (lol, my English teacher would be proud of that literary device!) I will also tag some of my favorite bloggers at the end, and hope they also do a post! :)



1) What was your go-to food or snack as a child?

Image via Google Images

My FAVORITE food was chicken fried steak. Then I decided to not eat red meat anymore come 4th grade, so it became chicken fried chicken (LOL! Not much of an improvement).
However, NOTHING compared to my addiction to Ovaltine. I would down glasses of that stuff daily. I couldn't wake up nor go to sleep without it. Guess you can say things have changed!

2) What got you interested in health/fitness?

I have always had a very sensitive stomach. I found that cutting out red meats in 4th grade helped a lot. Plus, my mother always loved eating fresh vegetables, and was against using medicines, so that interested me too.

And, of course, as I got older I became more conscious of how I looked. I wanted to feel better AND look better (it sounds vain, but aesthetics almost always play a role in wanting to be healthy.) so I started working out. My first "workouts" were bellydancing videos on Youtube, as well as.Blogilates

3) You're stuck on an island for a month and can only eat three foods. What would they be?

These questions are always so hard. I love too many foods! Lol.

I would say to give me Indian food though. I could live off that stuff. Some basmati rice, Chicken Tikka, I'm good. Oh! And how about some of Abby's brownies for good measure?

4) Favorite and least favorite body part to train?
It usually depends on what mood I am in, but my favorite is always leg day. It's something I hate to love, because it is my hardest day. But I LOVE working to the max and sweating buckets.

So does that also make my least favorite part legs, too? Either that, or chest (Pushups are my nemesis)

5) Have you fallen victim to any fitness and health fads before?
Before the "Great Enlightenment of The Clean Eating Teen", as I will call it... I was a TOTAL fan for avoiding saturated fats and animal products.
Butter? High LDL.
Bacon grease? Forget that.
Animal meat? The less, the better!

Not to say that avoiding saturated fats doesn't work for some, but for the most part, science has proven otherwise.

Also, I use to avoid salt and sugar like the plague. Now I enjoy sea salt and healthy sugars, knowing now why my body NEEDS them both.


Image via Title Boxing

6) What is the hardest workout you have ever done?
There is a boxing club near my house that I was given a free workout at. HOLY COW. That was TOUGH, and I was sore for a week.

However... nothing will ever compare to that of a spin class (the ONE and ONLY I have, and probably will ever, take) I did two summers ago. It was sad too, because the class I went to was only HALF the time of a regular one!

I know I will never be a runner. I also really doubt I will ever be a spinner. I admire people who do this sports with great strength!

7) The first movie you ever cried during?

I cried at Titanic as a little girl, seeing all the babies dying at the end.

8) Your #1 pet peeve?
I admit without regret, I am a FREAK about nail biting and gum snapping. It's so bad that sometimes it can actually affect my mood.

It's been this way since primary school! If I was in class next to someone who bit their nails, I would shyly request to be moved across the room. Even now, I can't concentrate when kids are blowing bubbles in my ear during a test, and have nearly walked out of a few periods before. It is so irritating it almost makes me want to flip over a desk.

This can't be healthy. Lol!



9) Your dream job?
There may be many paths to reaching my goals, which might include things such as opening up a grocery store or even a gym someday.

However, my "ideal" job would have me traveling, experiencing other cultures and their takes on holistic wellness, as well as helping others with their health and fitness goals.

I hope to have my own show one day, where I could show families of all time and money budgets how it IS possible to live a healthy, active life. I also see myself training, cooking, and doing yoga with others.

10) Quick, choose one! Hairy arms or hairy legs? 
Yuck!! I would choose hairy legs, just because I could wear jeans (on my way to a major waxing appointment).

MY TAGS (UP TO 10):
Yes to Yummy
The Soulful Spoon
Hungry Hungry Hippie
Blonde Ponytail
Gigi Eats Celebrities
The Lean Green Bean
Pumps and Iron
Cotter Crunch
Healthful Pursuit
PB Fingers



Now... it is your turn! If I tagged you, or you want to start a tag post yourself:

-Answer the questions below
-Use the picture with the post title from my blog
-Add a link back to this page

1) What was your go-to food or snack as a child?
2) What got you interested in health/fitness?
3) You're stuck on an island for a month and can only eat three foods. What would they be?
4) Favorite and least favorite body part to train?
5) Favorite and least favorite health or fitness fads?
6) What is the hardest workout you have ever done?
7) The first movie you ever cried during?
8) Your #1 pet peeve?
9) Your dream job?
10) Quick, choose one! Hairy arms or hairy legs? 


Feel free to leave a comment answering one of these questions, too!

Natalie

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! I couldn't choose hairy anything. I shave even when I don't need to. I remember Ovaltine but don't know that I ever drank it. What fitness fad haven't I tried.

GiGi Eats Celebrities said...

OMG I have NEVER had Ovaltene or Chicken Fried Steak before in my LIFE!! Is that weird?! lol

And uh... Don't hate me but I do have slightly hairy arms but it's blond so not really noticeable, AH HA! I didn't know it was a thing to wax/shave arms?! Man, do I live under a ROCK?!??! lol!!

If you opened a Grocery Store, what would you call it?!

Unknown said...

Carla, I wish I was more like you!! I get lazy in the winter months and will go a week or so without shaving my legs. SHHH. Don't tell anyone!

Gigi, I am not sure what I would call it! ;) I've thrown around a few names with my mom before, most of which are a bit corny but still have an "earthy" quality. Green Eating maybe? Haha!

VGN