Wednesday, September 4, 2013

WIAW #8


For this addition of WIAW, let me warn you.

These pictures are....*gasp* actually out of my normal rotation! I figured you guys were getting really bored of the same lettuce wraps, apple and peanut butter, and paleo pancakes... so voila! A few new items have popped up into my eats.

Of course, though, there is still peanut butter..

Breakfast:

1/2 cup rolled oats with 1/2 and apple and 2 TBSP unsalted peanut butter.

I think this is the first time I have ever put the nut butter in my oatmeal. I thought I would give it a try because it seems like EVERYONE does it... sheesh, I can't go to ONE blog or have ONE visit on Pinterest  without seeing peanut butter being swirled in the mushy, grainy goodness.

However, I don't think I really cared for it this way. DON'T get me wrong, I love my peanut butter... but I think the heat of the oatmeal kind of dulled the flavor a bit. It seemed deeper, more nuttier in a sense, and I did not like it much.

Lunch:

Some fresh chicken meat from the deli with a abit of a corn and black bean mix (a bit like the mix "Texas Caviar") in a whole wheat pita pocket.

After examining the back ingredients further (even though theres only like, 5), I realized that the Sunflower oil used in them are not the best choice. I won't be buying them again. Back to Food for Life for me! (Or, of course, just stick with my homemade bread!)

Dinner:

Baked sweet potato, steamed kale with green beans and broccoli, and leftover chicken from last night's crock-potted dinner.
I sprinkled cinnamon on the sweet potato after the fact, because it makes it more like a dessert. :D

I'm kinda proud at the fact that these pictures aren't the same old, same old! But don't be expecting this often Who knows, maybe this will happen more often?

What have you been eating?

Natalie

No comments:

VGN