Thursday, July 11, 2013

WIAW #2

I am going to use this as my official "WIAW" banner from now on! Ugg, so fancy I can hardly stand it.

I am excited to announce my 2nd WIAW. Today was filled with fun, I went visiting family with my great aunt and (being from a family of thrifters) joined her as we roamed around some second hand stores.



 Our thrift finds:
Top: My sister found a boat load of nerdy items (that, ahem, yeah I totally would never obsess over...;) ). Harry Potter figurine, Harry Potter board game and book, Lord of the Rings and Pokemon books
Middle: My aunt picked up a certain fancy glass plate that my mom collects.
Bottom: We found a new Fossil wallet!! For my momma, she has always wanted one. It came from the manufacturers, so the bottom was ripped by them a bit when they sent it out to be resold, but we will fix it with some leather glue.

Now, on to the food!

Breakfast:
Savory oatmeal. Recipe soon? Okay.
Looks really odd, but basically it is just oats with savory ingredients (meat, veggies, ext) instead of sweet things like fruit. I topped mine with some nooch' (again, taking after Else from Hungry Hungry Hippie... lord, if I met that women we would be fast friends.)

Lunch/ Snack on the go:
Apple and peanut butter. Can't go wrong there, friends. It is small I know, but I was on the go and not home for the majority of the day. I took what I could get!

Dinner:
From left to right: Baked sweet potato, a new recipe that even though i'm still coming up with a good name, AH MY GOSH IS SO AMAZING I WILL SHARE IT SOON, and some Savory Style Lima Beans with Cilantro 
So good, and filling. This is what I LOVE about healthy eating... you can eat foods that taste so darn yummy, they just have to be bad for you... when really there's nothing guilty about them! ;)

Well, that's all i've got for you today folks... I really am starting to dig this WIAW thing. Lots of fun!

Let me know anything else you'd like to see..

Whats your favorite thing about WIAW?
Do you have a recipe that is SO GOOD (and you may or may have not just thrown it together)?

Natalie

No comments:

VGN