Thursday, July 11, 2013

Basil Sauteed Melody with Browned Turkey

As mentioned in my WIAW #2, I ate an amazing dinner that I couldn't exactly figure out a name for. What do you call a mixture of wonderful sauteed veggies, tossed with some browned turkey meat? You're probably thinking, "Stir-Fry? Duh.", but I just felt this meal needed a little bit more fancy of a name. You can see I still struggled finding one, though, so if you've got other suggestions feel free to let me know! 

The smell of sauteed vegetables is just SO mouth watering... it filled the whole house, and then once I started cooking of the meat, things got really tough. I mean, I was so tempted to just eat the whole thing out of the pan. Patience. Plus the fact that I needed to take pictures for my blog. Patience. 

Without farther ado, here it is...



Basil Sauteed Melody with Browned Turkey
Yields 2-3 servings 

1/2 lb lean ground turkey meat
1 TSP Chile powder
1 TSP garlic powder
1 TSP black pepper
1 TSP paprika
2 TBSP coconut oil
1 garlic clove, minced
1 cup diced green pepper
1/2 cup diced mushroom
1/2 small jalapeno (i used home grown, and mine was actually sweet as it had turned yellow)
1 1/2 cup thawed frozen corn
1 regular sized package frozen broccoli, thawed
1 large diced tomato
1/4 cup unsalted vegetable or chicken stock
3 TBSP chopped fresh basil



1) Thaw your frozen veggies!



2) On medium high heat, melt your coconut oil and saute the garlic, jalapeno, mushroom and bell pepper. Let get soft, about 5 minutes.










3) Add your thawed corn, and saute for another 5 minutes before throwing in the thawed broccoli.

4) After about 3-4 minutes, add in your Chile powder. Stir well.

5) Add in your chopped tomato at this point.


6) Once the tomato has softened transfer the mixture in a bowl and set aside.

7) In the same pan you just used, place your unsalted stock.

8) Place your meat and other seasonings in the pan, and cook until browned, with most of the liquid gone.

9) Place your vegetables back into the pan and add your chopped basil. Mix well, cover and let the flavors blend for a few minutes before serving.

And voila! This meal is simple, and since it uses some frozen items, you probably already have the ingredients in the house! ;) Pretty good for a something I kinda threw together really planned out.

Try this out and let me know what you think. I will definitely be making this again, maybe adding some onion on the next go around (none were in the house when I made this).

Have you ever had success with a last minute meal?
What are your favorite things to saute?

Natalie



1 comment:

Blogger said...

3 Researches REVEAL Why Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

This means that you literally kill fat by consuming coconut fat (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

These 3 researches from big medical journals are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world around!

VGN