Thursday, June 20, 2013

Protein Packed Banana Walnut Pancakes ! Sugar Free, Dairy Free, Paleo, Flour Free


Perhaps I should have named these "ugly cakes" instead of "pancakes", just because the result didn't exactly look beautiful... however, these guys redeem themselves with their taste. Not to mention they are FLOUR LESS!

I got inspiration for this recipe by browsing around Pinterest . As a huge fan of simple recipes, this caught my eye... but when I saw that one of the main ingredients were eggs, I was a bit confused. Sweet omelets? Not really up my ally... but never the less, I gave it a try!

Now, cross my heart, you can not taste the egg at ALL in this! It does give it a more fluffy texture, but the nuttiness of the walnuts and the sweet banana really take lead here. I'm proud to be able to say that I'm getting in 12 grams of protein (before I even added my almond butter on top!) while my taste buds are thinking otherwise.

Super easy, healthy, and fun. Here we go!

Banana Walnut Pancakes 
Single Serving 

2 eggs
1 banana, yellow-ripe
1/2 TSP cinnamon
1/2 TSP nutmeg
1/4 cup crushed walnuts
1/4 TSP vanilla extract (optional)
1 TSP coconut oil (for cooking)


 1) Combine all the ingredients into a medium bowl and mash! There will be a few small chunks of banana, but that just makes it more fun to bite into.

















2) Heat coconut oil in pan until melted, then pour in mixture. You can either do this in smaller batches to form individual pancakes... or, do what I did, and dump the whole thing into it at once and break the large pancake apart once cooked. I know, i'm lazy creative.



3) These cook pretty quickly. I tried to use that rule my grandmother always said, that when you start to see bubbles from the other side of the pancake it is time to flip. I would just watch to see how yours is doing, and probably flip after about a minute or so.











4) Plate your lovely things (hopefully yours come out a little prettier than mine!), and enjoy with whatever
-healthy- toppings you desire! Greek yogurt, fresh fruit, a drizzle of pure maple syrup. Being the nut-butter fanatic that I am, I of course topped mine with almond butter. (I HIGHLY recommend this by the way... the creamy, stickiness of the butter is so delicious with the fluffy, banana pancake!)

Almost like a banana loaf, or cake! Almost. ;)


So easy and yummy! Try it out, and tell me what you think.

How and when do you usually eat your pancakes?
What other recipes would you like to see?

Please feel free to comment, message me or share! :)

Natalie








1 comment:

Blogger said...

3 Studies SHOW Why Coconut Oil Kills Fat.

This means that you actually burn fat by consuming coconut fats (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

These 3 researches from large medicinal journals are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world upside down!

VGN